Thursday, August 22, 2013

To the ends of the earth, would you follow me

As I bounced around Idaho and many connecting airports over the last month, "Ends of the Earth" by Lord Huron was my solace. Never the type to stay in one place very long, but also never quite sure where else to go. Like a stranger, I moved through the world - in and out of airports, hotels and cabs - for weeks. Like a ghost or a whisper, only slightly noticed.

During my travels, only one person was following me - Jason. He was the only person in the world that knew where to find me. He knew how to get to me if I needed him. He would've walked to me if I needed him - and I would've met him in the middle. It feels like we have an imaginary tether that will connect us together forever.

It's so comforting to know that there is one person out there who would follow me to the ends of the earth. If I get lost, he will find me. And when we reunite it will be magical.

Thanks, Lord Huron for another great song.

To the ends of the earth, would you follow me
There's a world that was meant for our eyes to see

"Ends of the Earth" by Lord Huron



Ooh, ooh

Oh, there's a river that winds on forever
I'm gonna see where it leads
Oh, there's a mountain that no man has mounted
I'm gonna stand on the peak

Out there's a land that time don't command
Wanna be the first to arrive
No time for ponderin' why I'm-a wanderin'
Not while we're both still alive

To the ends of the earth, would you follow me
There's a world that was meant for our eyes to see
To the ends of the earth, would you follow me
Well if you won't, I will say my goodbyes to thee

Oh, there's an island where all things are silent
I'm gonna whistle a tune
Oh, there's a desert that size can't be measured
I'm gonna count all the dunes

Out there's a a world that calls for me, girl
Headin' out into the unknown
Well if there are strangers, and all kinds of danger
Please don't say I'm going alone

To the ends of the earth, would you follow me
There's a world that was meant for our eyes to see
To the ends of the earth, would you follow me
Well if you want, I will say my goodbyes to thee

I was a-ready to die for you, baby
Doesn't mean I'm ready to stay
What good is livin' a life you've been given
If all you do is stand in one place

I'm on a river that winds on forever
Follow 'til I get where I'm goin'
Maybe I'm headin' to die but I'm still gonna try
I guess I'm goin' alone

No comments: