Monday, December 31, 2012

Shipwreck at Fort Stevens and Hoyt Arboretum

We went to the beach on a whim Friday.

It was rainy and shitty outside. The drive over the snowy pass was not too fun, but seeing the ocean made it all worth it.

Something about the power of the ocean. So majestic and strong. It helps me regain my bearings. Reset and recharge.

Here's one of my favorite pictures and a photo album:



We also went to Hoyt Arboretum yesterday to enjoy the sun. First completely sunny day in more days than I can count. We walked the trails, had a breath taking view of  Mt. St. Helens, did some yoga in the sun and played with twigs. It felt so good to have the sun on my face.





I think that's it for 2012!

Jason and I are going to a 3 hour yoga retreat in the morning to set out intentions and focus for 2013. We have some pretty big goals and drastic changes that we plan to implement this year in order to increase our health and happiness. Starting 2013 at a place where we feel strong, safe, and fortified seems like the perfect way to embark on the new year and the challenges it will bring.

See ya next year!

No comments: