Tuesday, December 18, 2012

End-of-Year Reset

Yesterday, I officially kicked-off my vacation for the rest of the year! Hooray! I don't have to work again until 2013! Mmmmm, that feels great to say! Due to the nature of my work, it's really hard to get away during the year, so I hoard up all my vacation time and take it at the end of the year. Most of our clients shut down for the holidays or are on vacation as well, so it's just easier.

Until this week, I had only taken like three vacation days this year -- and that's when family was visiting -- otherwise it probably would have been zero. Not the ideal situation, but 3 weeks off at the end of the year is DELICIOUS.

This is what I woke up to this morning:


 Snow showers mixed with rain. Not too bad, but definitely not conducive to being productive.

So, for now,  I'm just hanging out with the animals, reading books, watching a shitload of Netflix, and once the motivation hits me, I plan on doing some crafting and painting. We'll see how things progress. No pressure. This is my end-of-the-year reset. If all I do is stare at the animals for three weeks, I'll be just fine with that too.


These guys are hillarious!! Derville really thinks he's hiding from Crash! I wish he could see the picture of his fat ass sticking out of that box. I think he'd play it off, "Whatever, that dog wouldn't know MY ass from a hole in the ground!" (I love it when animals misuse common phrases - they're like funny little foreigners!)


Ahh! This just happened right as I was about to hit publish!


Hello sunshine! Didn't expect to see you today!

No comments: