Tuesday, November 13, 2012

From the Farmers Market

Last Saturday we went to the Beaverton Farmers Market and found some really crazy veggies! This is the second to last market of the year and it always amazes me how different the "merchandise" selection is at the beginning of the season versus the end.

This market boasted ginormous root veggies like carrots (yellow, purple, orange) that were pert-near as big as my arm! There was a beet the size of my head!  I asked them "How do  you make them so big!?!?" and they replied, "Lots of cow poop. Love and cow poop." At least we know it's natural - ha!

We also scored the makings for kimchi - cabbage, carrots, leeks, ginger, onion.

But here's the real nuggets of goodness: Purple cauliflower and Romanesco.


I added it to my infamous Vegemato stew:


I love cooking with color and different types of veggies! YUM!

No comments: