Thursday, October 11, 2012

Run Like Hell!


Not too bad for my first time running in over 6 months!

My legs are pretty much like jello but I did yoga before and after and I'll do it again at bedtime so hopefully I'll be able to walk tomorrow! Ha! My legs always give out before my lungs or heart - I barely get winded but totally turn into Gumby.

I'm getting back into the swing of running because Jason and I are planning to run/jog/walk in the Run Like Hell! Portland race on October 21! Eeek! So I figured I'd better get one of those run gadgets hooked up to my CrapBerry so I know what my stats are. Very Important Stuff. Just kidding. Honestly, I just needed to find a route that was long enough and time isn't always an accurate measurement of distance.

This event supports the ALS Association. ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) is a fatal disease with no cure and little treatment options. My Aunt Sara died from ALS 4 years ago in November - it was very difficult for everyone and any support that I can give, I will.

I'm also looking forward to this event because we get to dress up in costume and run around downtown! I have no idea what we will be, but I'm pretty sure it won't be serious runners (or maybe we DO dress up like serious runners with all the gear and plugs and gels and spoof the real runners - ha!). The theme is super hero... so we'll see where that goes!

Here's a description of the race from the website:

ABOUT THE 2012 RUN LIKE HELL:
Run Like Hell is a Halloween-themed race that sees participants dress out in full costume for a run through Portland’s urban parks and along its waterfront areas along the Willamette River. Run Like Hell has become a Portland Fall tradition, come see why!

Last year, more than 5,000 runners and walkers crossed the finish line in all three races at the Fall running of Portland's Run Like Hell Half Marathon, 10K & 5K. Most were dressed in Zombie costume as part of the theme.

If you would like to see some photos from past years click here.
The theme for the 2012 Run Like Hell is Super Heroes! Dress as your favorite super hero or make up your own! Capes, tights and bright colors are encouraged. Get to work on your costumes with your friends, we are!

We'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: