Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summertime and the living is easy

It's that time of year again! There is only about a 3 weeks a year that you can actually swim or hangout in the in water around here and this week is one of them!



I fill up the baby pool in the backyard in the morning and by afternoon it's like bath water! When I get done working there is about an hour before the sun goes behind a tree so I've been diving in at quitting time. It's a nice treat from being frozen to the bone for 9 months.

You may be asking, are those gold fish in the pool? Nope.


Can you figure out what they are? No?

Here's a close up.


Now? That's right! They're baby carrots!

I thinned out the carrots yesterday and pulled the stems off  poolside. I thought it was a great idea to let them rinse in the pool water before I emptied it for the night. After I finished all of them, it looked like a gold fish pond! Swirling it around with my hand makes it look like they are swimming with those weird tails (roots).

Pretty cool optical illusion -- kept me entertained for awhile.

No comments: