Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Blunderbuss and Silence

We just can't get enough of Jack White's new album Blunderbuss. The whole album is incredible. Every song tastes different than the one before it. I've been especially diggin on this tasty jam "Hypocritical Kiss." I think the piano is badass.

Jason and I went to our third all-day silent retreat at Yoga Hillsboro this past Sunday. It was a beautiful way to spend a day that is still a bit raw for us. We jammed out to Jack White and then retreated inwardly for 6 hours. We had a silent lunch under a stand of 150 year-old Sequoiadendron giganteum. They were like somber buddhas who spent their whole life in silence. They may be onto something.

I have noticed that I can calm my mind pretty readily these days, but then the body energy goes crazy. After hours of sitting meditations, I was about to jump up and run around the block ten times. It was an interesting observation.

Always learning and working on our never-ending meditation practice. Calm feels good.

No comments: