Thursday, December 08, 2011

Forever in Blue Jeans, Babe!

Heard this song today while waiting in line. Was feeling kinda shabby in my winter layers of jeans, hoodie, long-sleeves, short-sleeves, tank top, wool knee socks, etc. This song just reminds me how much I don't give a shit about trendy fashion and things like ugly-ass billion-dollar sweaters from places like Anthro. (You'll definitely never catch me wearing a cardigan belted around my boobs.)

I've come to the conclusion that I'm more of an "urban outfitter." Black, black and black for dressy. Jeans and Henleys for casual. Easy. Simple. Comfy.

Also, I like my man to dress like a man, not like a Dandy (no sweater vests, please!) so jeans and flannel are perfect for him too. My sexy lumberjack! (And his hair is pretty dang close to Neil's these days! Rrrrrr)

Forever in Blue Jeans, Babe!

(Note to self: buy a Neil Diamond album -- this guy can rock a cheesy love song like no other!)


Money Talks
But it don't sing and dance
And it don't walk
As long as I can have you here with me
I'd much rather be
Forever in Blue Jeans

Honey is sweet
But it ain't nothing next to baby's treat
And if you'll pardon me
I'd like to say
We'd do okay
Forever in Blue Jeans

Maybe tonight
Maybe tonight by the fire
All alone you and I
Nothing around but the sound
Of my heart and your sighs

Money Talks
But it can't sing and dance
And it can't walk
As long as I can have you here with me
I'd much rather be
Forever in Blue Jeans, Babe

Honey is sweet
But it ain't nothing next to baby's treat
And if you'll pardon me
I'd like to say
We'd do okay
Forever in Blue Jeans

Maybe tonight
Maybe tonight by the fire
All alone you and I
Nothing around but the sound
Of my heart and your sighs

Money Talks
But it don't sing and dance
And it don't walk
As long as I can have you here with me
I'd much rather be
Forever in Blue Jeans

And if you'll pardon me
I'd like to say
We'd do okay
Forever in Blue Jeans, Babe

As long as I can have you here with me
I'd much rather be
Forever in Blue Jeans, Babe

As long as I can have you here with me

No comments: