Friday, July 01, 2011

The Land of Milk and Honey

So Wednesday was a pretty whirl-wind type of day. I went down to the land of milk and honey (L.A.) for a client meeting and then came back the same evening. Never a dull moment in the consulting world!

The cab picked me up at 6am. It was still chilly so I was sporting leg warmers and Merrills till Burbank.


In the picture below, you can see Mt. Hood and Mt. St. Helens in the distance on the horizon sticking up over the clouds.


Mt. Hood peaking over the clouds.



Arrived at Burbank. Took a cab downtown.

(Sidenote: when riding in taxis in L.A. you just have to come to terms with the fact that you may just die before you make it to your destination. This time I was really ready to give up the ghost when we almost got creamed by a semi-truck while getting on the 5 because the cab driver was figuring out the GPS. Obviously, I didn't die this time but it was close. Like, my-asshole-still-puckers-thinking-about-it close. However, I have a theory that there must be some kind of protective force field around everyone driving there because it always feels like you are on the verge of crashing but then you don't. It's really weird in a comforting type of way.) 

So I made it to the office. This was my view for about 20 minutes then off to the meeting.




Putting on my "game face".


Client meeting in this building in the Valley.


Then back to Bob Hope Airport in Burbank and winging it back to Portland. 

Mt. Hood welcoming me home.


Ahhh, I love where I live!!

No comments: