Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Cat Perch, Pabst Blue Ribbon, and Tracheobronchitis

Never a dull moment around here!

Funny things first...Derville met my dad (Papa to the grand-kids and grand-furbabies) a couple of weeks ago and got to bask in the engineering and carpentry genius that is Papa.

Behold: THE CAT PERCH

It is completely removable and made entirely from scrap wood.


It has two ledges since it is pretty high up. The cat jumps onto the bottom ledge then up to the top, like a ladder!

I just mentioned to Dad that I thought it would be cool to attach a board to the sliding door handle so Derville could get up high (other than the kitchen counters) and look out the window.

So later that day, Mom and I went to the store and when we came back, Jason and "Papa" had created this AWESOME cat perch! Derville immediately knew it was made special just for him and he loves it and we love our Papa!! We're going to paint it black and white like the cat -- you know, like camouflage!

We find Derv up there in the middle of the night -- a lurking, ominous, silhouette. Very creepy!

Let's see, what else? Oh yeah! I was bored the other day and it was beautiful outside so I decided to steal Jason's bike and ride to the store for beers. I LOVE RIDING THAT BIKE!! Holy cow I can't believe I waited so long to take it for a spin!


 I ran a few errands nearby and then picked up some beers. I couldn't fit the Pabst Tall Boys in my little back pack so I strapped them onto the rack with our handy-dandy bungee cord and rode away with the wind in my hair and the sun on face.

It was EPIC!


On a less fun note, we had to take Clancy to the vet this weekend because the poor guy was making terrible hacking/honking noises and then started having distressed breathing and was choking when he drank water. Our poor little pooch was diagnosed with tracheobronchitis :-(

Luckily, it is treatable, but it's going to take a lot of rest and medication to kick it.

Here's the little Pooh resting with his hippo. Awwwwww....


So if you have a chance, send a little lovin energy this way for the Pooh.

He's my bestest pal and has been my trusty side-kick for over a decade and I can't stand to see him not feeling well!

Get well soon, Pooh! We love you!

No comments: