Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Weird blooms

Remember how I said that I cut the bloom from the rhubarb plant and put it in my window to grow?

Well, I gotta tell ya, this is one we-heird plant!

Weirdly phallic. 

 Weirdly bulbous and slightly hemorrhoidal looking.


 There are so many things that come to mind when I look at this, but none of them are particularly pleasant. Well, I do think the pink and green colors of the cauliflower-looking stuff  are pretty -- they look like Dippin' Dots!

Rhubarb Split, anyone? It's just doing this on it own...engorged with water I guess.


The WE-HEIRDEST thing about this clipping is that it smells like really strong rhubarb! Ok, not a big surprise since it is from a rhubarb plant, but the smell is so different than that of a regular flower, it's interesting none the less!!

No comments: