Thursday, April 28, 2011

Our Local Craft Warehouse is Closing!

This morning, I stopped at our local Craft Warehouse because (unfortunately) it is closing and (fortunately) the deals are getting good. Today I scoured the aisles and found a few must-have treasures.

This beautiful little drawing box:


It's a Sumi Drawing and Painting Set.


What is Sumi? It is Japanese black ink: solid black ink used in sticks for Japanese painting and writing.


I have no idea how to do this but I love to learn new art techniques and I just had to have it. It was the last one and this set really is lovely. Plus I'm a sucker for anything with an Oriental style and this box is gorgeous.

I also got a small flower press which I'm sure I'll be posting about soon.

And no, Mom, I didn't forget about Jason. I got this for him:  

Block of Italian clay




He's never said he wanted some clay but I have a feeling he's going to like getting his hands on this squishy block. It air-hardens and can be painted with anything.


I got the inside scoop that the store is handing in the keys around the first week of June so I'm going to head back down there every now and then until it closes to see what other treasures I can find.

No comments: