Saturday, April 09, 2011

In My Secret Life

I've been working on this piece for a couple months now. It's the longest I've ever spent on one drawing or painting. This time I used colored pencils in order to try my hand at more details and less blending. I don't like it as much as paint (oil especially). i really enjoy the blending and layering that oil paint allows.

This drawing started out as a creative outlet during work hours. I kept it on my desk and worked on it a bit at a time when I needed to clear my brain. Like Leonard Cohen's song "In My Secret Life", I felt like I was retreating to my secret life when I worked on it. I pictured the entrance like the garden from the movie "The Secret Garden". 

"My Secret Life"


I can't even begin to describe what's behind the wall except that it's My Secret Life.

No comments: