Friday, April 22, 2011

Earth Day 2011

Happy Earth Day!

Since it is Earth Day here on Earth and I'm feeling very Earthy today, I thought it would be the perfect time to share pictures from our day trip to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm -- 26th Annual Tulip Festival -- Woodburn, OR last weekend.


<<-begin-rant--There were SO many people out there! It was really hard to keep those fuckers outta my pictures as I was taking them. I don't do any post-editing to my photos because I really try to capture the image I want on the spot. So when some fat ass walks right into my shot, I get a little disappointed. You can only title so many shots "Beauty ruined by an oblivious fat ass" and I already have my share of those.--end-rant->>


Other than there being tons of people there it was an amazing experience. I would like to go during the week instead of on the weekend. It would be nice to actually stop and smell the flowers without someone running over me.

 We did get some awesome pictures, though. How can you not with acres and acres of tulips in all directions!?!


Made me really wish I had a serious camera instead of my little point and shoot. It takes excellent pictures but sometimes I want it to do things that it doesn't want to do. I know, I know read the manual...well I have and you have to go through 50 screens to adjust the zoom or focus manually. That's not fun to me. I might as well just take crap photos and edit them beyond recognition later on the computer, but that's not my style.


Nature provides so many beautiful things that I could never imagine on my own, I don't understand why anyone would want to "edit" that natural beauty. Probably the same reason I don't understand why women cake on the makeup when they have natural beauty. And perfume -- don't get me started on perfume! Why people CHOOSE to smell like petrochemicals and toilet cleaner is completely beyond me. Give me a little amber body scent and I'm a happy girl.

In celebration of Earth day, I challenge you to tap into your natural beauty today and give the editing tools a break. You are beautiful. We are all beautiful. Let's live it, breathe it, and believe it!

No comments: