Thursday, September 23, 2010

Down with OPB

Ever since we moved to the Pacific Northwest 2 years ago, Jason and I have noticed that Oregonians posses an uncanny frankness (borderline rude) and incredible curiosity (borderline invasion of privacy).

I was reading an article on CNN.com today which was yakking on an on about Facebook being down for a few hours yesterday.

OMG!!!! OH NO!!!

A world without Facebook!?! What would that be like?

Well I think the OPB (Oregon Public Broadcasting) nailed it regarding what would happen without Facebook...


"Facebook down. Worker productivity rises. US climbs out of recession."

After thinking for a few minutes about the coinciding timelines of the growth of social media popularity and the recent recession, I think OPB may be on to something.

Well, back to work for me!
That's what my life without Facebook is like.

Pssssst. You should try it sometime.
It might help get rid of those voices in your head.

BTW - This is my 100th post and I'm an official Oregonian so I can say things like that!

No comments: