Thursday, July 01, 2010

Well hello, July


As soon as I opened my eyes this morning, I thought "Geeeez, is it really July!?!"

It is.

The year is halfway over and it all seems like a blur to me now. So when I flipped the page on my inspirational calendar this morning, the poignancy of July's quote was not lost on me:

We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aid, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn.

~Henry David Thoreau

This also reminds me of one of my favorite Jim Croce songs, Tomorrow's Gonna Be a Brighter Day,

Chorus:

And tomorrow's gonna be a brighter day

There's gonna be some changes

Tomorrow's gonna be a brighter day

This time you can believe me

No more cryin' in your lonely room

And no more empty nights

'Cause tomorrow mornin' everything will turn out right

There are so many songs and quotes that comfort by reminding us that we don't know what tomorrow will bring, but it won't be the same as today.

Be awake, be aware, be ready for the dawn.

No comments: