Thursday, July 15, 2010

One car for one year

So I get a message on my voicemail from the Ford dealership today reminding me that it's been one year since we traded in our 2 four-door cars for 1 two-door car.

It's hard to believe it's been a year!

I thought it would be difficult having only one car, but I can confidently say that it has not been that bad. Yes, there were a few times that having two cars would have made it easier, but it wasn't necessary. We have public transit and bikes and feet...

I decided to look online to get an idea of how much we have DECREASED our carbon footprint by doing the car-shuffle boogie. Since I don't know what our consumption was while we had two cars, I just experimented with calculating where we are now.

Here's the breakdown from http://www.nature.org/initiatives/climatechange/calculator/.


We're looking pretty good on the graph above.

Esitmated emissions are lower than the US average, but higher than the World average.


I'm not quite sure how they came up with this pie chart above based on the questions they asked.


However, I would like to see a comparison showing the World average behavior breakdown...

No comments: