Friday, August 21, 2009

Inspired by a tomato, a cucumber, spider webs and dandelions

This isn't another garden update, but I am planning to do one soon! It is doing so well!

This is about something that I've really started to enjoy over the last few years. Photography. I find myself seeing the world as if I'm looking through a Leica lens.

Light, dark, shadows, reflections, refractions, all of it, I love all of it.

I see things that I didn't bother to notice before. Beautiful, sweet, weird, ugly, gross. I'm enamoured by it all.

Jason and I are always taking pictures of the garden these days and the fruits of our labor of love. While taking pictures of one of our first ripe cherry tomatoes, I decided to get creative and use a metal mixing bowl to create reflections.

This is what I came up with.








So I tried it with one of our first salad cucumbers.







I also love to take pictures of the yard and the "life" that is going on out there.

I really liked the way this gossamer-esque spider web canopy looks from the ground up, so I took a few pictures. You can see Clancy in the background of the first one!







And finally, the view from underneath the tallest dandelions I've ever seen in my life.





Looking back at these pictures of the tomato, the cucumber, the spider web and the dandelions, I've realized how much I love this and that I might actually be pretty good at it.

Also, I really enjoy sharing my pictures with other people. I try to post all of them on our Flickr account but I feel like they get lost in the shuffle.

So I've been thinking about selling prints of my pictures in our JaSar Etsy shop.

What do you think?

No comments: