Thursday, August 06, 2009

If I Know Crazy

I don't really have time to write this post, but I have to get this out.

In a nutshell:

Work is CRAZY
I am CRAZY
Life is CRAZY
World is CRAZY

Fortunately, one thing that has soothed and calmed me innumerable times when I'm having a sad-girl/crazy day is the album "Scarlet's Walk" by Tori Amos.



I just plug in my earphones, whether it be on the train or at my cubicle, and Tori caresses my heart and soul with the sounds of her sweet songs and words of understanding.

She even has a song on this album called "Crazy." My favorite parts of the song are:

...so I let crazy take a spin, then I let crazy settle in, kicked off my shoes, shut reason out...

...and as soon as you have rearranged the mess in your head, he will show up looking sane, perfectly sane, if i know crazy


It helps me remember that I'm not the only one that experiences this and that it probably won't be the last time either.

Well, I guess it's back to CRAZY for me.

Thank you Tori for your beautiful music and thanks to all of you for listening.

No comments: