Monday, May 18, 2009

Loving Spring

Oh what a glorious weekend we had here in Portland! The sun was out and the temperature reached up in to the upper 80s!

It's amazing that just a few short (well, actually they felt pretty long) months ago, I was writing about historical snow fall and having to wear everything in my closet at once to keep warm.

But now. Now is so wonderful! It feels so good.

It's one of those things, where you don't want to turn on the A/C even though you can. Instead you just enjoy having the windows open and sticking to the furniture because you've been couped up in the house all winter and NEED fresh air.

Today I actually took my lunch down to the waterfront and sat in the park while I ate and read a book.



It was so nice to feel the sun on my face and to watch people enjoying the weather.



The flowers are simply exploding around here. It almost feels like a fireworks display that's prolonged over several days. Here are a few pictures of the "Portland Bloom."





You can see all of my Spring pictures on flickr in the "Spring is all around Me" set.

Tonight we are off to the Tom Robbins, "B is for Beer" book signing at the Bagdad Theater and Pub. We are very excited because 1) it's at a bar/theater, 2) you get a copy of the book at the door, and 3) Tom Robbins is my absolute favorite contemporary writer and we get to have drinks with him!

Hope you are all enjoying as lovely a Spring as we are!

No comments: