Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Missing Book

So I was going to re-read (seems like I'm doing a lot of re-reading these days) one of my favorite books, "Nobody's Wife" by Joan Haverty Kerouac...



and I CAN'T FIND IT!!!

I'm pretty sure that it made it in the move to Portland from LA. I organized my books when we unpacked and I know I would've noticed a Void between Jack's books and Jan's books (I like to keep my Beat families together :-)

So I was wondering...did I let any of you borrow it?

Maybe I just forgot.

Not many people (these days) get that deep into the Beats, so I think I would have remembered talking to the person that even cared about Joan's life as the short-term wife of Jack and mother of Jan Kerouac enough to borrow it.

I usually remember who has what.

Kimberly has Nacho Libre...



Krissy and Katie have "No Woman, No Cry" by Rita Marley...



BENNETT: Do you have it? You're the only other Beat fanatic I know that might be interested. But I don't think you do because I shook you down for my "The First Third" by Neal Cassady before we left LA and I would've gotten it then.



So, I'm not quite sure what happened to Joan?

It's weird how a missing book is like a missing child. I can't stop looking at the bookshelf where she is suppose to be and wondering when she will be back.

I know I can always get another one, but I make lots of notes in books and underline stuff when I read them, so I'd like to have my original one back, if possible.

If anyone has a clue, let me know.

Joan, I miss you! Come home soon.

PS: Tomorrow, April 2, is Clancy's 10th birthday! I can't believe my little-big-head is growing up. It seems like only yesterday that he came into my life and changed it forever.

So stop by his blog at http://www.whoisthatdoggieinthewindow.blogspot.com/ and say happy birthday to our bestest buddy and unconditional lover, Clancy.

No comments: