Thursday, February 26, 2009

Jitterbug Perfume

So I finished up Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins the other day. I mentioned in this post that I was reading it for the millionth time. I love this book, especially around my birthday. The main theme of the book is immortality through mental and physical conditioning, which intrigues me, especially at the start of another 365-day journey around the sun (i.e. birthday).

I finished up this book the same night as the presidential address, which is pretty ironic because my favorite final quote from the 1,000 year-old main character, Alobar, was...

Our political leaders are unenlightened and corrupt, but with rare exception, political leaders have always been unenlightened and corrupt. I stopped taking politics seriously a long, long time ago, therefore it's had practically no effect on the way I've lived my life. In the end, politics is always a depressant, and I've preferred to be stimulated.

Jason and I agree that we couldn't have said it better ourselves.

Stay Stimulated!! You'll live longer!!

P.S. This post is probably the most political thing you will EVER read on this blog.

No comments: