Sunday, January 18, 2009

Addicted to Knitting

In a previous post, I mentioned that I was Smitten with Knittin'. Well, I decided to sit down today and teach myself to knit. I started around 1pm and then around 8pm, Jason had to convince me to just put the knitting down. I never knew how addictive this stuff could be! My right hand is killing me.

Here's how I got started.


I just watched a few videos online at http://www.knittinghelp.com/ and used some step by step instructions from here.

I have to admit, it is pretty difficult to watch a video on the computer and follow along knitting. Mainly, trying to pause and rewind while you have the needles halfway in position. I think learning from a person would be the way to go, if you have the option.

This is what I have so far.

I did the knit stitch over and over then decided to try the purl stitch for several rows. Then, I alternated rows -- knit, purl, knit, purl. You can see how the pattern changes.

Well, my hand is all crampy. I'll keep you posted on how this thing turns out. So far it's wiggly and curly, just like I predicted!

No comments: